[rancid] Fortigate - tweak suggestion as well as issue with spacing FortiOS >5.4+

Chris Wopat me at falz.net
Thu Jun 8 14:37:35 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:30 AM, Griesser Alexander <AGriesser at anexia-it.com>
wrote:

> I think default values might change from time to time, so I do usually
> prefer to have a full config dump of my devices, just in case I need to
> recover from an older version of the configuration after an upgrade - but
> I'm not exactly sure how Forti* handles these kinds of things, so
> basically, I do not really have a strong opinion on that.

Curious of others thoughts if anyone else uses forti*. I've not used them
extensively enough to know if they change defaults often, I'm only really
involved in this as they're devices on net and they should use our common
backup mechanism.

> +1 on that, good point.

Guessing these are universally supported as they're super chatty. I can
submit a patch for this if that's the more official method to do so.

--Chris