[rancid] Filtering out flash dir and time change events

Walker, Alan awalker at corcentric.com
Thu Jul 27 14:40:07 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I’ve been using Rancid for a while now and it seems to work pretty well but one thing I’m seeing on certain new Cisco devices such as ISR’s, Nexus, etc are displaying changes for the flash directory changing in size and the time of the device changing. These events come up like this:

- !Flash: bootflash: 7113240576 bytes total (6335688704 bytes free)

+ !Flash: bootflash: 7113240576 bytes total (6335643648 bytes free)

- !Time: Thu Jul 27 07:12:05 2017

+ !Time: Thu Jul 27 08:12:10 2017

Is there anyway to filter out these types of changes so that I only see more substantial changes?

Thanks.

[Corcentric]<http://www.corcentric.com>
Alan Walker | Network Engineer
457 Haddonfield Road, Suite 220 | Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
O (856) 406-3746 | F
awalker at corcentric.com <mailto:awalker at corcentric.com> | www.corcentric.com<http://www.corcentric.com>