[rancid] How .cloginrc works and can i have separate .cloginrc files for each group

Adrian Dimitrov adrian.dimitrov at efellows.bg
Tue Feb 14 07:37:45 UTC 2017

Hello Team,

In our environment we have a lot of different credentials for the groups so it's a bit challenging  to keep .cloginrc up to date and have all backups working.

What we do is trying to have one credentials for all groups, but unfortunately this is not possible for big part of them. Is there a way to have .cloginrc files for each group  in their own var directories ?

Every help is appreciated, Thanks.

Best Regards,
Adrian Dimitrov
System Administrator