[rancid] Initial Rancid configuration and first output

Rebecca Jones becky.jones at hayley-group.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 13:27:57 UTC 2017

Hi guys. I really hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have setup Rancid as per guide
http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/RhysEvans_overview_0.3.pdf and
http://www.itnotes.eu/?p=365 but I am having issues running it for the
first time.

I have added a Cisco switch to my config for checking and I can manually
connect to it by running "bin/clogin 192.168.1.1". I have ran
"bin/rancid-run" and I get the following in the log files:

starting: Mon 6 Feb 11:18:12 GMT 2017

WARNING: Have you forgotten to update the FS in router.db?

cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs
Checking in router.db;
/usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/networking/router.db,v  <--  router.db
done

ending: Mon 6 Feb 11:18:14 GMT 2017
networking.20170206.111812 (END)

If I then browse to var/networking/configs/  I have to file/directory
specifically for my device, only the main CVS directory.

Can anyone advise where I may have gone wrong?

Thanks,
Becky

--

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person or
privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,

The views expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be the views of
Hayley Group Limited and should not be taken as authority to carry out any
instruction contained within.