[rancid] Issue with Brocade FC capture and line length

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Feb 2 20:08:39 UTC 2017

Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 02:47:46PM +0000, Erik Soosalu:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been fighting against this for a couple of days and my scripting isn't strong enough to figure out where this is going wrong.
>
> I've setup RANCID and I've got it working successfully pulling my configs from my Brocade Fiber Channel switches.  I've used brocadelogin/brocaderancid from here: https://lists.gt.net/rancid/users/5454
>
> Where I'm having issues is in my primary site where the active zone config is very large.  The configuration definition line consists of a tag followed by all the zones separated by semi-colons.  When I look at a normal configuration upload, this line is 11,000 characters long.  If I ssh into the switch and show the config, I see 11,000 characters.  However, when I look at what is captured by RANCID, I only get a line that is ~4200 characters long, and it appears to be the last 4200 characters of the line (like data is rolling through a buffer).  I can't seem to find anywhere that is setting this length.
>
> Any suggestions where I could look to resolve this?

11k is ridiculous.  did they hire folks from Foundry.

is it really whatever you are using to view the file?

does brocadelogin -c 'whateverthecommandsistodisplaytheconfig' hostname
work?  else it might be perl, though a search suggests not; brocaderancid
hostname and look for the truncation.  is it the SCM you're using?