[rancid] CVS commands

Adrian A. Dimitrov adrian.dimitrov at efellows.bg
Thu Oct 13 08:43:44 UTC 2016

Hello Team ,

I have a simple question. I am exploring the features of rancid and I want to play a little bit with the cvs commands.

I tried something like this.

cvs log 10.11.10.1

cvs diff -u -r 1.2 -r 1.3 10.11.10.1

Both gave me the following error:

cvs diff: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [diff aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.

Checked the manual and the rancid.conf file and it seems that the CVS path is set as it should be (file attached in txt format), but still I get the output above.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Adrian Dimitrov
[eFellows-Mark-RGB_Sign]