[rancid] Upgrading to 3.4

Chris Davis Chris.Davis at principia.edu
Wed Mar 30 14:18:35 UTC 2016

I was hoping to upgrade to 3.4 but have run into a series of problems.  Wondering how others moved past this.

Initially, I was running 2.38 on Centos 5.  I tried to in place upgrade and ran into a socket library problem.  Saw that the version of the socket library in Centos 7 was compatible, so then began to focus on installing that on my hardware.  Unfortunately, the controller driver appears to be no longer supported.  So, then I started focusing on a VM for my Rancid server.  Got it all set up and installed on a Hyper-V host.  And while the networking worked during the install, apparently the network drivers aren't right on the virtual disk and none of the networking works once I boot off the virtual HD.  So, has anyone set up Rancid 3.4/Centos 7 on a hyper V host?  Or have any other ideas to try?
Thanks.