[rancid] cosmetic error in configure for rancid 3.4.1?

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:32:56 UTC 2016

I don't know if this is a cygwin specific issue or it's an error msg
everybody gets that can be safely ignored, but it looks like this line
in configure

ENV_PATH="$ENV_PATH:`dirname $DIRNAME`:`dirname $DIFF`:`dirname $MKTEMP`"

should be using $MKTEMP_PATH instead of $MKTEMP

MKTEMP isn't getting set in configure -- at least on cygwin.  But it's
a non-issue since the mktemp program is in /usr/bin which gets added
to the path anyway because perl, expect, etc. are all in /usr/bin

relevant bit from ./configure output:

checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking Socket.pm version... checking for expect... /usr/bin/expect
checking for mktemp... /usr/bin/mktemp
checking for ping... /cygdrive/c/windows/system32/ping.exe
dirname: missing operand
Try 'dirname --help' for more information.

I added some echo commands to configure & reran:
checking for ping... /cygdrive/c/windows/system32/ping.exe
PERLV_PATH : /usr/bin/perl
EXPECT_PATH: /usr/bin/expect
SENDMAIL   :
DIRNAME    : /usr/bin/dirname
DIFF       : /usr/bin/diff
MKTEMP     :
MKTEMP_PATH: /usr/bin/mktemp
ENV_PATH   : /usr/bin:/usr/bin:.
dirname: missing operand
Try 'dirname --help' for more information.
ENV_PATH   : /usr/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr/bin:/usr/bin:

So the problem is
$ dirname $MKTEMP
dirname: missing operand
Try 'dirname --help' for more information.

Should MKTEMP be getting set in configure?   I can't tell, but it
seems like the easy fix would be to use $MKTEMP_PATH instead of
$MKTEMP

Thanks,
Lee