[rancid] Nexus 1000v switch-router

Charles T. Brooks Charles.Brooks at hbcs.org
Thu Jun 30 16:48:25 UTC 2016

I'm using rancid v3.4.1, which I think is the latest?  Anyway, I had to add /usr/libexec/rancid to my PATH, but then I got this:

-bash-4.2$ rancid -t cisco-nx -d nx1k-03.hbcs.org
loadtype: device type cisco-nx
loadtype: found device type cisco-nx in /etc/rancid/rancid.types.base
executing clogin -t 90 -c"term no monitor-force;show version;show version build-info all;show license;show license usage;show license host-id;show system redundancy status;show environment clock;show environment fan;show environment fex all fan;show environment temperature;show environment power;show boot;dir bootflash:;dir debug:;dir logflash:;dir slot0:;dir usb1:;dir usb2:;dir volatile:;show module;show module xbar;show inventory;show vtp status;show vlan;show debug;show cores vdc-all;show processes log vdc-all;show module fex;show fex;show running-config" nx1k-03.hbcs.org
PROMPT MATCH: nx1k-03#
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03#  term no monitor-force
    In RunCommand: nx1k-03#  term no monitor-force
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03# show version
    In ShowVersion: nx1k-03# show version
TYPE = NXOS
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03# show version build-info all
    In ShowVersionBuild: nx1k-03# show version build-info all
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03# show license
    In ShowLicense: nx1k-03# show license
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03# show license usage
    In ShowLicense: nx1k-03# show license usage
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03# show license host-id
    In ShowLicense: nx1k-03# show license host-id
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03# show system redundancy status
    In ShowRedundancy: nx1k-03# show system redundancy status
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03# show environment clock
    In ShowEnv: nx1k-03# show environment clock
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03# show environment fan
    In ShowEnv: nx1k-03# show environment fan
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03# show environment fex all fan
    In ShowEnv: nx1k-03# show environment fex all fan
HIT COMMAND:nx1k-03# show environment temperature
    In ShowEnvTemp: nx1k-03# show environment temperature
nx1k-03.hbcs.org: show environment temperature failed: -1
nx1k-03.hbcs.org: missed cmd(s): show module,dir usb1:,dir debug:,show debug,show cores vdc-all,show vtp status,show module xbar,show environment power,show inventory,dir usb2:,show vlan,dir volatile:,dir bootflash:,dir slot0:,show module fex,show processes log vdc-all,dir logflash:,show fex,show running-config,show boot
nx1k-03.hbcs.org: missed cmd(s): show module,dir usb1:,dir debug:,show debug,show cores vdc-all,show vtp status,show module xbar,show environment power,show inventory,dir usb2:,show vlan,dir volatile:,dir bootflash:,dir slot0:,show module fex,show processes log vdc-all,dir logflash:,show fex,show running-config,show boot
nx1k-03.hbcs.org: End of run not found
nx1k-03.hbcs.org: End of run not found
!Env:                  ^
-bash-4.2$

If the craptacular mail agent my employers force me to use has garbaged this up, I can send you a text file.

As I mentioned earlier, the 1000V runs NX-OS, but it's running inside a virtual environment provided by Cisco UCS.

--Charlie