[rancid] RANCID 3.2 - rancid-run - Error: TIMEOUT reached

Yu Lok Lam yllam at lbl.gov
Fri Jan 29 15:21:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

  I am having a difficult time configuring rancid-run to work.  In the log file, I am getting "Error: TIMEOUT reached.  I am able to get in manually  via csblogin (sane as clogin) script into enable mode.

  I've tried adding the "add timeout * 90" and 500 seconds and  "add autoenable * 1" directive in the .cloginrc file, but still the same error. Do you have any ideas of what else I should try?
I am running Rancid 3.2 version.

##### Successful going in manually ##########
[rancid at rancid bin]$ ./csblogin env-d1-sw1
env-d1-sw1
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l abcd env-d1-sw1

User Name: abcd
Password:*********
env-d1-sw1>

###### Failed using rancid-run;  Error: TIMEOUT reached in the log file  #######
Error logs:
[rancid at rancid logs]$ tail -f env-switches.20160128.202252
cvs remove: nothing known about `interface'
cvs commit: nothing known about `interface'
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!
Deleted interface
cvs remove: nothing known about `[interface]'
cvs commit: nothing known about `[interface]'
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!
Deleted [interface]

Trying to get all of the configs.
env-d1-sw1 csblogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
env-d1-sw1: missed cmd(s): show version,show system,show startup-config
env-d1-sw1: End of run not found
!
Getting missed routers: round 1.
^C