[rancid] rancid support for Brocade Fabric OS

Elliot Wilen elliot.wilen at aechelon.com
Thu Jan 28 01:05:22 UTC 2016

Just want to mention what I wrote earlier off-list to the original querant:

 I've found that rancid works well with Brocade Fabric OS; at least I have it working with Fabric OS v7.3.1. On one switch, though, the zoning portion of the config seems to get truncated in random ways, which causes unnecessary revisions to be logged. I haven't had time to troubleshoot this, but I'm still using rancid 2.x.

I use "brocade" in my router.db. Note that this is for Fabric OS. For my brocade _network_ switches, I use "foundry" and it works perfectly other than needing to tweak the script to ignore trivial changes. Apparently I added this at line 301 of francid:

/^Invalid Port Id - 128/        && next; # kill bogus output from DEFECT000274041

But that may not even apply to current versions of the switch software or even to the Brocade-branded network switches as opposed to the older Foundry ones that I've retired since I started using rancid.

--Elliot Wilen