[rancid] Up-to-date check failed

Андрей Фомин bosk802 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 19:43:34 UTC 2016

oops... I tried to hide ip-address information, but missed.
Actually it's the same device, that's experiencing problems in log-files.

I commented this line, reran rancid-run, then uncommented it and reran
again, but this resulted:

$ grep '249' ../network/router.db
10.0.1.249:cisco:up

$ cat network.20160120.222451
starting:

cvs status: 10.0.1.249 should be removed and is still there

Trying to get all of the configs.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 2.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 3.
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 4.

cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs
cvs diff: configs/10.0.1.249 was removed, no comparison available
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs
cvs commit: `configs/10.0.1.249' should be removed and is still there (or
is back again)
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!

ending:

I don't know what's the problem, my only guess is that i need to eliminate
the problem with the cvs update. What i do:

$ pwd
/usr/local/rancid/var/CVS
$ cvs -d /usr/local/rancid/var/CVS update
cvs update: in directory .:
cvs [update aborted]: there is no version here; run 'cvs checkout' first

$ cvs -d /usr/local/rancid/var/CVS checkout
cvs [checkout aborted]: must specify at least one module or directory

May be i'm doing wrong, but that is all i found how to perform cvs update.
Command refuses do anything without -d and absolute path to CVSROOT, so
i've managed to find it:

$ find /usr/local/rancid/ -name 'CVSROOT'
/usr/local/rancid/var/CVS/CVSROOT