[rancid] rancid source

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+rancid-discuss at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 02:43:39 UTC 2016

Hi all,

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Matthew Walster <matthew at walster.org> wrote:

[...]
> Within the next few weeks, I'll probably either delete the
dotwaffle/rancid-git repo or add a commit that deletes everything and
leaves a README of where to get the latest code -- if someone else wants to
take it over, feel free. I imagine Mr. Heasley would rather you use his
releases, however ;)

Ahuh. If RANCID were to be liberated, its name would need to change --
"Really Awesome" (or perhaps just the "Awesome") would need to be upgraded
to something better.

Someone would need to compile a list of superlatives beginning with 'a' for
the acronym to stay the same. That'd be the first hurdle.

cheers,
Dale