[rancid] Can clogin prompt for a password?

Brandon Ewing brandon.ewing at warningg.com
Thu Aug 4 16:10:35 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 06:01:29PM +0200, Jean Benoit wrote:

> Your requirement, typing the password only once at the start of rancid
> work session, means the password has to be saved somewhere on the box.
> It seems you need to trust those people having root on the box anyway...

Aware that some trust has to be there -- no matter what, my password will
probably be somewhere in /proc or kmem, just trying to raise the bar past
casual snooping.

I'll probably just resort to a cronjob that wipes my .cloginrc every 15
minutes, and I can re-add it when I need to execute a maintenance.

--
Brandon Ewing                                     (brandon.ewing at warningg.com)