[rancid] Can clogin prompt for a password?

Brandon Ewing nicotine at warningg.com
Thu Aug 4 14:58:55 UTC 2016

Greetings,

Historically, I've often used clogin to execute command snippets and other
tasks on large amounts of routers.  However, now I'm in a position where we
are using central authorization that utilizes our domain credentials.

Since I'd prefer not to keep my domain password in a text file on a box that
other people have root on, is it possible for clogin (or par) to prompt for
a password at initial execution, instead of relying on storing the cleartext
password on disk, or exposing the password in a history file?

--
Brandon Ewing                                     (nicotine at warningg.com)