[rancid] Issue with using rancid 3.4.1 with Fortigates

Gregory Bruccoleri bruccoo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:40:35 UTC 2016

Hello,

Having an issue with rancid backing up fortigates.  I have the following
output from attempting to run rancid against one of my devices:

Begin-------------------------------------------------------------

[rancid at VMWRANCID01 ~]$ rancid -d -t fortigate <hostname>
loadtype: device type fortigate
loadtype: found device type fortigate in
/usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.base
executing fnlogin -t 90 -c"" <hostname>
inloop is not configured for device type fortigate at
/usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid line 126.

Rancid is running on CentOS.

Is this something configuration wise?  I am able to ssh to the host from
the system itself so it doesn't appear to be blocked.  Router.db file is
using semicolons instead of colons.  That's all I can think of at the
moment.

Thanks