[rancid] Unable to negotiate with .... no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1

Sebastien.Boulianne at cpu.ca Sebastien.Boulianne at cpu.ca
Tue Apr 5 15:58:50 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

Since today, I got this error when I trying to connect to my Cisco devices using SSH :

bin/clogin IP
IP
spawn ssh -c aes256-cbc -x -l cpu_backup IP
Unable to negotiate with IP port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
Error: Couldn't login: IP

I searched on Google and I saw it was causeds by the latest OpenSSH version but I cant find how to fix it.

In my .cloginrc, I setupped cypertype to aes256-cbc. Should I use another cipher ?

Can you help me a bit plz ?

Thanks!

Sébastien