[rancid] Dealing with autocommand

rdrake rdrake at direcpath.com
Wed Nov 18 19:13:40 UTC 2015

On 11/09/2015 09:35 AM, Joe Chiarelli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get rancid to work with my cisco 2621 terminal servers.
>
> However after the use logs in ,we use the autocommand to run the menu
> feature to access the other systems.
>

> line vty 0 3
>  access-class 1 in
>  exec-timeout 30 0
>  password {hashed}
>  autocommand menu termsrv
>  transport input telnet
>  transport output telnet
>
>  How can I send the menu command I have configured to exit the menu on
> login so rancid will run its commands to backup the config?

It's been a while since I've done something like this, but it seems like
it might work for you:

You can setup "line vty 4" without the autocommand and only allow rancid
to login on that vty (either by access-class or special password, or
using rotary and using a special telnet port)

http://www.velocityreviews.com/threads/very-simple-question-on-vtys.565689/

There are probably other options.  You would need to figure out what the
best of different hackish ways to fix it would be.