[rancid] Rancid with Brocade 6510

Charles Gagnon charlesg at unixrealm.com
Thu May 21 13:42:44 UTC 2015

Is anyone using rancid on Brocades 6510 running FOS v 7.2.1b.

We just added 4 of those to our network and can't seem to get it working.

I had to make a short mod to flogin to get it working. I changed:

set avenable 0

So that you could flogin without adding the "--noenable" since these
switches don't have an enable and the prompts ends with ">".

So flogin works but even if I add them to my router.db as
"brocade-fc1;foundry;up", I still fail to retrieve anything from it.

Logs:

brocade-fc1 flogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
brocade-fc1: missed cmd(s): show chassis,show module,show flash,show
running-config,write term
brocade-fc1: End of run not found

Those commands don't seem to match what would work this OS yet I keep
seeing people online using Foundry for Brocades.

This is all on Rancid 3.0 (I had perl issues with sockets when going to 3.2
- though if it's the solution, I will work on upgrading perl).

--
Charles Gagnon
charlesg at unixrealm.com