[rancid] System Up Time & Dell

JC jctail at yahoo.com
Sat May 16 02:26:32 UTC 2015

I've gotten a little further in my hopes of getting these Dell powerconnect switches backed up w/o the up time creating diffs each run.

I added the rancid.types.conf with what's below.
test;login;dlogin
test;module;drancid
test;inloop;ios::inloop
test;command;ShowVersion;show version

When I run the command below it generates the following errors.
[rancid at ALVMANL01 etc]$ /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid -d -t test ukbswid05
loadtype: device type test
loadtype: found device type test in /usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.conf
ukbswid05: missed cmd(s): show system,show vlan,show version,show running-config
found_end = 0, clean_run = 0
ukbswid05: End of run not found
!
write(spawn_id=1): broken pipe
while executing
"send_user "$router\n""
("foreach" body line 3)
invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
set router [string tolower $router]
send_user "$router\n"

# device timeout
set timeout [find t..."
(file "/usr/local/rancid/bin/dlogin" line 509)
ukbswid05: missed cmd(s): all commands
ukbswid05: End of run not found

Am I on the right path or even more screwed up than before?

Thanks for the look.

-John