[rancid] blank log files on initial install

Scott Granados scott.granados at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:40:58 UTC 2015

Hi, this may be a very n00by question but googling hasn’t helped so I thought I’d ask here.  I just installed a fresh copy of rancid-3.2.  Admittedly my previous attempt has been using yum or apt-get to install rancid 2.3.6 but this time I downloaded the source and compiled.  There were no errors during compilation.
	When I run rancid-run the process exits very quickly and the generated log files for each group show a start and end with no text in-between.  However, if I run the clog in command with a router name it logs in fine and drops me in to the network element.  What should I check to diagnose the lack of configs being pulled and the totally empty logs other than the words start and end.  Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Thank you
Scott