[rancid] Vdxrancid contributed script on working on my Brocade VDX

Scott Foster Scott.Foster at MerrickBank.com
Wed May 6 22:40:18 UTC 2015

I have been trying to get the below contributed script for a Brocade VDX switch to work on my VDX 6710, 6720 and 6740 switches.  I have listed the URL to the contributed script below.

https://code.google.com/p/vdxrancid/source/browse/trunk/vdxrancid?spec=svn2&r=2

When I execute the vdxrancid script I get the error:  "End of run not found"

I've validated that I have implemented the script and modified my files as needed (someone also check this as well).  We can't find anything that would be causing this.  The only thing that we might has found is that when you perform a "show run" at the command prompt that there is no 'end' at the end of the configuration.  I'm thinking this might be problem and that rancid is hitting the end of the config, but doesn't know if it is the end or not.

We are running code 4.1.3a.  I'm hoping that someone might be able to help.

Scott

____________

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential,
and are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible
for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this e-mail in error, and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail
please return it to the sender at Merrick Bank, and delete it
from your computer.

     Although Merrick Bank attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments
for viruses, it does not guarantee that they are virus-free, and accepts
no liability for any damage sustained as a result.