[rancid] Rancid 3.2 issue with perl/inet_pton

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Mar 30 12:02:11 UTC 2015

[replying to list]

if you're running an older perl version, e.g. 5.10, you need to explicitly
install a recent version of Socket because the version installed in the
perl core is outdated.

I don't know about Centos but on debian, you can do this using something like:

# apt-get install dh-make-perl
# dh-make-perl --build --core-ok --cpan ExtUtils::Constant
# dpkg -i ./libextutils-constant-perl*.deb
# dh-make-perl --build --core-ok --cpan Socket
# dpkg -i ./libsocket-perl*.deb

The intermediate installation of ExtUtils::Constant is only required to
enable CPAN to work properly.

Nick