[rancid] mtlogin error: Error TIMEOUT reached (2.3.8 deb)

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:58:16 UTC 2015

On 26/03/15 11:19, Tim Warnock wrote:
>> I googled and found one occurrence on this m/l when someone asked, is the
>> router having a lot or routes,
>> but that, as far as I could follow, wasn't answered; in my case, the answer is
>> YES, and NO I can't put any less on it.
>>
>> Hope this can still be helped ;)
>>
>> el es
>
> Ok simple test.
>
> How long does an /export take if you run it from ssh/winbox?

rancid at george:~$ time ~/bin/mtlogin -c "export" myrouter > /dev/null

real	0m48.548s
user	0m0.060s
sys	0m0.024s

and in test with a stopwatch,

(doing ssh -i my_ident myuser at myrouter, then issuing export by hand)

give or take 36s lag has been encountered
after first 8s of running. Give or take because there were a few of them
and not exactly sure how to catch...

hope this helps,

el es