[rancid] Rancid 3.2 issue with perl/inet_pton

Magnus Ringdahl magnus at excellent-hosting.se
Mon Mar 23 08:55:53 UTC 2015

Hi,
I'm having issues with rancid since i upgraded (removed old and installed 3.2) rancid.
I'm getting no output from rancid-run, but I get the following from rancid -d.

"inet_pton" is not exported by the Socket module
Can't continue after import errors at /usr/local/rancid/lib/rancid/rancid.pm line 51
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/rancid/lib/rancid/rancid.pm line 51.
Compilation failed in require at ./rancid line 61.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./rancid line 61.

Anyone seen this before, couldn't find much about this issue.
I'm running this on Debian 2.6.32-5-686 with Perl 5.10.1-17squeeze2.

Med vänlig hälsning/Kind Regards,

[cid:part1.01000801.07050402 at mullet.se]

Magnus Ringdahl
Lagmansgatan 4B