[rancid] hlogin timing out

Jim P jabbyjim at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:29:53 UTC 2015

Interesting discovery!

So I found out that this works on on HP's that are stacked (which is kind
of confusing). I only have two stacks and in a list of like 70 HP switches.
Theya re the only two that played nicely with RANCID.
It appears that RANCID is expecting something like this after logging in,
or perhaps a symbol?

-------------------------------
  Stack Members

  SN MAC Address   System Name      Device Type           Status
  0  016b8-d12240 SWITCH15          ProCurve 2900-48G    Commander Up
  1  016b8-d1a2c0 SWITCH13          ProCurve 2900-48G    Member Up

Enter switch number to connect to or <CR>:

so I'm unsure what to do now, other than change the script (somehow). Has
anyone done this?