[rancid] hlogin timing out

Hussein, Sazzad ete.sabuj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 06:29:31 UTC 2015

*Hi Jim,*
Good day!

Sorry for my *off-topic* post. I had tried a lot & beleive that i need to
expend a little bit more time as well as concentration on it to make
working.

Like i have different sites & there are 2600, 1800, 1900, 5400, 1800 HP
Series with differnt firmware. The thing is that i need to start backing up
the configuration & report it to my manager. If you aren't lucky then it
could take more than 2-3 week to make it running through rancid.

I can suggest you a *interim solution*.
Just copy the running configuration through "scp" command.

*1800/1900/2600/5412 Switches:*
pscp -scp -l username -pw password -2 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:cfg/running-config
/path/filename.cfg

*3Com 5900 Series:*
pscp -scp -l username -pw password -2 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:startup.cfg
/path/filename.cfg

*xxx- Your switch IP address

At lease you will have all the configuration data & if you want you can do
same for firware & alarm file.

If you want this for *Juniper, Cisco & ZyXEL* please let me know. I have
done this too. It's quite easy & handy. I just put them on crontab & it's
working.
Now i have spare time for thinking about *"rancid"*.

*Happy Backup :)*

--*Sazzad Hussein*www.sazzad-hussein.branded.me | ete.sabuj at gmail.com
Hermann-Ehlers Str. 2, 49082 Osnabrück, Deutschland
Mobile number: 4915214010461