[rancid] New Installation

Alfredo Jo ajo at sypartners.com
Sat Jun 6 19:09:55 UTC 2015

What version of rancid are you running?
rancid -V will tell you

If you are running 3.0 you need to change your router.db file from : to ;
Example : 10.0.0.3;Cisco;up

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 6, 2015, at 3:05 PM, Delmiro Campelo <delmiroc at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello guys,

I'm trying to get rancid working on red hat enterprise machine, and i'm
running into some issues that i'm hoping you guys me with. I have been
using as a guide this link
http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/wiki/index.php/Quick_HOWTO_:_Ch1_:_Network_Backups_With_Rancid#.VXMCQ0anFja

Problem: no backups are created.

When i run the command ./bin/rancid-run a log is created but there is no
errors or anything? I also don't see where a backup config file was made?
what could I be missing? please see below the output.

[rancid at rancid ~]$ bin/clogin 10.2.9.9 <- it seems to be working no issues
here.
10.2.9.9
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l admin 10.2.9.9
CC
 Warning: Access to this equipment is restricted. Unauthorized use is
 prohibited. All connections are monitored.
Password:
C3560-2>enable
Password:
C3560-2#exit <- i typed exit
Connection to 10.2.9.9 closed.
[rancid at rancid ~]$ ./bin/rancid-run
[rancid at rancid ~]$ cat ./var/logs/networking.20150606.112853
starting: Sat Jun 6 11:28:53 CDT 2015

ending: Sat Jun 6 11:28:53 CDT 2015
[rancid at rancid ~]$
[rancid at rancid ~]$ ls ./var/networking/configs/
CVS
[rancid at rancid ~]$
[rancid at rancid ~]$ cat ./var/networking/router.db
10.2.9.9:cisco:up
[rancid at rancid ~]$