[rancid] Config generatinf failed_Help required

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:20:50 UTC 2015

On 04/06/2015 16:45, Hussein, Md Sazzad wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Thanks for the reply! Please have a look over the bellow output:
>
> root at RR-DE-NMS-1:/var/log/rancid# more /etc/aliases
> rancid-network;                 sazzad.hussein at de.rr-icecream.eu
> <mailto:sazzad.hussein at de.rr-icecream.eu>
> rancid-admin-network;           sazzad.hussein at de.rr-icecream.eu
> <mailto:sazzad.hussein at de.rr-icecream.eu>
>
> root at RR-DE-NMS-1:/var/log/rancid# sudo /usr/bin/newaliases
> postalias: warning: /etc/aliases, line 1: need name:value pair
> postalias: warning: /etc/aliases, line 3: need name:value pair
> root at RR-DE-NMS-1:/var/log/rancid#

You edited the wrong file, /etc/aliases is postfix's file and was
correct as you originally had it.

The file to edit is router.db. This is a rancid file and there is one
per rancid group.
rancid-2.3.x uses a ":" as the separator
rancid-3.x   uses a ";" as the separator
This change was made for rancid-3 to accommodate IPv6 addresses

> How to check the rancid version? Is there any command for that?

rancid -V