[rancid] DRancid and Dell Powerconnect N4032 Freezing on Dlogin

Alex Hennen ahennen at co.kern.ca.us
Mon Jul 27 19:56:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've been trying to setup the DRancid extension to back up my Dell PowerConnect N4032 switch stack.

I'm using Ubuntu Server 14.04, and Rancid 2.3.8-6. I've been using it to back up Cisco Routers and switches and it has been working great.

I've added the DRancid and Dlogin files to /var/lib/rancid/bin, and modified rancid-fe to include the dell vendor definition.

I can't seem to get it to work through rancid-run.

If I just use dlogin, I can get logged in and enabled, as long as I put a blank enable password. I can pass commands through dlogin and that works as well. If i try to use the autoenable function, it seems to login, but before it enables, it gets stuck or frozen on the command prompt. I cannot enter any commands, and if I hit enter it just goes down to a blank line (no prompt). The only way I can get out of that is to ctrl-c.

The log file shows a dlogin error of TIMEOUT REACHED. Here is the log file:

Trying to get all of the configs.
defined(%hash) is deprecated at /usr/lib/rancid/bin/drancid line 49.
	    (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
opened network stream from kcfd-hq-iscsi if () at /usr/lib/rancid/bin/drancid line 272.
found_end = 0, clean_run = 0
kcfd-hq-iscsi dlogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
kcfd-hq-iscsi: missed cmd(s): show version,show vlan,show running-config
kcfd-hq-iscsi: End of run not found

It does that for 4 rounds.

I'm using the dlogin and drancid from this site. http://it.thelibrarie.com/weblog/2014/02/rancid-and-dell-switches/comment-page-1/

I tried the one directly from http://web.rickyninja.net:81/rancid/ and I was getting even more errors.

I'm I using a bad copy of the files? I'm not really familiar with github, I tried copying the files from there but just copy/pasting the text, but it said to comment "show vlan" and I couldn't figure out what it was referring to because there was a bunch of those.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated,
Thanks!
Alex Hennen