[rancid] migrating servers and cvs

David Jones djones at ena.com
Fri Jul 31 13:16:46 UTC 2015

I recently moved to a new Rancid server using CVS and it's pretty simple.  Tar up or cp the CVS repo dir and move it over.  I wanted to move the previous CVS data into an "archive" directory to start fresh since some of the CVS files were getting very large and sluggish to load.  It turned out to be pretty simple to zap the CVS config files (Entries and *,v) with sed to move the files into the "archive" subdir.