[rancid] [p at tristero.se: Re: 3.2 rancid-run not working with PAN devices]

Matt Almgren matta at surveymonkey.com
Thu Jul 30 17:55:06 UTC 2015

I’m sorry, I totally misunderstood that the first time you said it.  I thought you were talking about the directory listing.

I wished that fixed the issue, but that didn’t help.  But I did find the problem.

By looking at the process list and running the command manually:

/usr/bin/expect -- /home/rancid/bin/panlogin -t 90 -c "set cli scripting-mode on;set cli pager off;show system info;show config running" sjc-fw01-sec.endor.lan

The “set cli xxx” command was failing.  Seems the rancid user in the PAN was set to “Admin read-only” and the “set” commands were failing, causing the config dump to wait for page break. Once I changed the account type to Device Admin, it works great now!!   Now I think I need to tweak TAC+ to limit what that rancid user can do in the CLI.

I’m sure having the other fixes in there helped as well, but the above was probably the biggest reason why the config wasn’t getting saved.

Thanks for all your help!!   Adding the list back in here in case others have similar issues.

 — Matt