[rancid] FW: Rancid 2.3.8 FreeBSD 10.1 Cisco Pix 506e

Aaron Wasserott aaron.wasserott at viawest.com
Tue Jul 14 22:21:03 UTC 2015

This is all I use to run simple one-liners and tests against a device:

/usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin -c "show run" 10.20.30.1

Have you checked the log file for the device that doesn’t work? Rancid is usually pretty good about providing a hint as to the issue.

When testing via clogin, make sure to test against the same hostname used in your router.db file. Helps to point out any DNS or stale SSH key issues that might be the cause.

Another thing, if you switch to rancid using su you should use – to ensure you get all the proper envvars – that way you shouldn’t need to specify path to .cloginrc.