[rancid] mtrancid patch

IT-Info it-info at bugtusselwireless.com
Fri Jan 9 21:25:00 UTC 2015

Hi Steven,

I came across this as well; pretty frustrating.

The only fix I discovered was to statically set the MAC address of the open-vpn server anything, preferably to something meaningless:

/interface ovpn-server server
set auth=sha1,md5 certificate=none cipher=blowfish128,aes128 default-profile=default enabled=no keepalive-timeout=60 mac-address=00:00:00:00:00:01 max-mtu=1500 mode=ip netmask=24 port=1194 require-client-certificate=no

This way it won't dynamically change and RANCID won't be emailing you about it.  In my opinion, this is much simpler than writing code to systematically ignore the changing MAC addresses, even with 100+ Mikrotik devices.  Kudos for your efforts, though.  Hope this helps.

Regards,
Brian