[rancid] Juniper

Ryan Milton ryanmilton74 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 16:26:22 UTC 2015

Trying on an ASA, but having login problems.

Here is what I have:

add method 192.168.77.241 {ssh}
add user 192.168.77.241 {rancid}
add password 192.168.77.241 (Welcome1} {welcome}

username rancid password Xu5IkiGmz1nmz4Gv encrypted privilege 4
privilege cmd level 4 mode exec command show
privilege show level 4 mode exec command running-config

Error I get:

rancid at FP-RANCID:/var/lib/rancid/networking$ /var/lib/rancid/bin/clogin
192.168.77.241
72.28.107.174
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l rancid 192.168.77.241
rancid at 192.168.77.241's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
rancid at 192.168.77.241's password:
Error: Check your passwd for 192.168.77.241

Ryan Douglass Milton