[rancid] Issues with the latest version of OpenSSH and Rancid 3.2-2.

Sebastien.Boulianne at cpu.ca Sebastien.Boulianne at cpu.ca
Mon Dec 28 20:36:44 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I upgraded my debian os to the latest version and I saw there is an issue with the latest version of OpenSSH.

dpkg -l | grep openssh
ii  openssh-client                   1:7.1p1-5                    amd64        secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines
ii  openssh-server                   1:7.1p1-5                    amd64        secure shell (SSH) server, for secure access from remote machines
ii  openssh-sftp-server              1:7.1p1-5                    amd64        secure shell (SSH) sftp server module, for SFTP access from remote machine

I got this error...

bin/flogin tr.1
tr.1
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l cpu_backup tr.1
Unknown cipher type '3des'

Error: Couldn't login

Anyone ever had this problem ?
How did fix it ?

Thanks you very much and merry christmas. ;)

Sébastien