[rancid] Cant enable , privileged user with "#" pronpot

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Dec 2 21:56:56 UTC 2015

Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 07:55:56AM -0500, Jason Biel:
> Piarres,
>
> Look here: http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/man/cloginrc.5.html
>
> Directives:
> *add enableprompt <router name glob> {"<enable prompt>"}*
>
> You may be able to modify the enableprompt to suit your needs.

that will not work; clogin will believe it is already enabled give the #
prompt.

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 5:12 AM, Piarres Beobide <pi at beobide.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > first greet everyone and apologize for my low English
> >

> > I want use rancid to manage large site configuration backups but I have a
> > problem with some Cisco devices.
> >
> > To log in this devices we use a little privileged user an then we need to
> > enable to get configuration but the prompt for this user is "#" , I cant
> > change this log procedure and I think rancid not enable because the program
> > assumes that you already are enabled.
> >

> > Searching the web I fount this solution [1], but I cant find the code to
> > change in clogin script.
> >
> > Can any help me ?

i can offer two suggestions,
1) if it hurts, stop doing that.  use a different user that either is not
enabled or is automatically fully enabled.
2) fully enable that user you have and use aaa authorization to limit what
it can do to include the stuff racnid runs.