[rancid] Backing up F5 BigIP LTM with rancid?

Scott Granados scott.granados at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:34:12 UTC 2015

Hi,
	I recently have installed some F5 BigIPS in my network and wish to back these up with RANCID like I do my other network elements.  I have tried to play with the included files but these seem out of date.  (I’m running 11.60.0 firmware)  While googling I found some mention of using TMSH instead of the older BigPipe command but the patch I found to f5rancid.in didn’t apply cleanly and seem to fail.  Has anyone else got this configuration working and having success dealing with F5 devices using rancid?  If so could you post some details on how you accomplished this or a pointer to a current f5rancid and f5login that works?  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Scott