[rancid] wraprancid for rancid 3.x?

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Oct 15 16:02:09 UTC 2014

Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 11:22:05AM +0100, Howard Jones:
> Before I dig in, has anyone else already updated Jethro Binks'
> wraprancid script to deal with RANCID 3.x? Since rancid-fe is driven by
> rancid-types.conf now, I am assuming it will need some love.

I am not familiar with that script, but in general, it is not necessary to
update scripts - though I hope that they will eventually be - they just
need an appropriate entry in rancid.types.{base,conf}.  See the arista
entry.  For 3.2, it will benefit from having login defined for the device
type too.

arista;script;arrancid
arista;login;clogin