[rancid] problems with case sensitivity in v3.1

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Tue Nov 18 21:23:51 UTC 2014

Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 10:14:32PM +0000, Wayne Eisenberg:
> Hi again,
>
> I'm having some trouble here, and not sure how to troubleshoot it. I have device DNS names that have capital letters in them (like SiteA.Router.Company.local), but by the time rancid goes to look in .cloginrc for the information needed there, it has converted everything to lower case and insists on stripping out my beautiful capital letters (sitea.router.company.local). Any ideas why it doesn't like mixed case names? Can that be fixed?

the login scripts squash the case of their command-line host/device
argument(s).  that could be changed to either not squash the case, or
to make the match case insensitive - or leave it as it is.

I favor either of the latter two options, but will take comment from asp
and the user community.