[rancid] Rancid 3.0 & Rancid 3.1 issues with foundry / enterasys

Josten, Michael Michael.Josten at hs-niederrhein.de
Thu May 22 06:39:59 UTC 2014

Hi and thanks for the reply,

I found several errors inside the logs.

starting: Wed May 21 13:47:18 CEST 2014

property 'svn:ignore' set on '.'

Updating '.':

At revision 6.

Sending        .

Sending        router.db

Transmitting file data .

Committed revision 7.

/usr/local/rancid/bin/control_rancid: 309: /usr/local/rancid/bin/control_rancid: no: not found

I don't know if this is bad or not, but "not found" doesn't sound so good ;)

Here's an log example of a brocade ( foundry ) FCX648S-HPOE switch.

172.18.0.245: found unexpected command - "write term"

172.18.0.245: missed cmd(s): show running-config

172.18.0.245: End of run not found

Another example for the N7 Matrix Switch ( Enterasys )

send: spawn id exp6 not open

    while executing

"send "\r""

    (procedure "login" line 92)

    invoked from within

"login $router $user $userpswd $passwd $enapasswd "

    ("foreach" body line 70)

    invoked from within

"foreach router [lrange $argv $idx end] {

    set router [string tolower $router]

    send_user -- "$router\n"

    # device timeout

    set timeout [f..."

    (file "/usr/local/rancid/bin/rivlogin" line 842)

172.18.1.21: missed cmd(s): all commands

172.18.1.21: End of run not found