[rancid] Cisco WLC: Rancid 3.0 add other vendor devices???

Gavin Jones gavinj84 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 05:48:05 UTC 2014

Started going a little crazy on this and I hope I am closer to it......

vim /usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.conf

ciscowlc;login;ciscowlc5

vim /usr/local/rancid/var/networking/router.db

wlchost;ciscowlc;up

rancid-run

tail -f var/logs/networking

unknown router manufacturer for wlchost: ciscowlc

So it's still not reading the added vendor: ciscowlc

Had another look in rancid-fe

vim /usr/local/rancid/bin/rancid-fe

# XXX use rancid::loadtype() to parse these files.
foreach $file ("/usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.base",
               "/usr/local/rancid/etc/rancid.types.conf") {

The comment states that I need rancid::loadtype installed.

Did a search to see if I had the rancid::loadtype library installed:

[rancid at ranct1 configs]$ perl -Mrancid::loadtype -e "print\"Module
installed.\\n\";"
Can't locate rancid/loadtype.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .).
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

locate loadtype.pm = still no sign.

Can anyone suggest where I get rancid::loadtype ?? I checked
http://www.cpan.org/, OR this something I have messed up during compilation?

Thanks