[rancid] Nortel Support

Francois Mikus fmikus at acktomic.com
Wed Mar 5 16:29:01 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have implemented good ERS-1600, ERS-8600, ERS-8800 and baystack 470
support. Glad to see 45xx support, I will definitely give it a try!

The only one that is causing an issue at this time is the baystacks.
After a variable number of runs (100s or 1000s) the ssh sessions become
stuck on the baystacks and eventuallly all 3 available connections are
stuck and the switch needs to be rebooted. :-( I expected this is
related to how rancid closes the ssh connection, but I haven't spent
much time on testing a fix.

I will put them up on my web site.

Thank you,

Francois Mikus