[rancid] Trouble grabbing configs from a Foundry FesX

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Thu Jul 3 22:03:34 UTC 2014

Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 10:48:07PM +0100, Jethro R Binks:
> > I do not recall why -h was used more heavily in flogin.
> >
> > > Experimentally, I modified my local flogin (which is roughly similar
> > > to that from v2.3.8) to remove all instances of -h, except where they
> > > match with those in clogin (around "exit" and "quit" it seems).
> > > We'll see tomorrow if that breaks any of my (varied antiquity
> > > Foundry/Brocade) kit, but testing randomly seems OK.
> > >
> > > Scott, maybe you'd like to try the same and see how you get on (remove
> > > the "-h" and "-h --" parts where you find them in flogin).
> >
> > do not remove the --'s, that has nothing to do with -h.
>
> Why does clogin not need them in the places that flogin apparently does
> (with "-h")?

they were added to clogin because some boxes were echo'g strangely and in
some cases would drop chars at the end of a line.  slowing it down, made
it behave more often than not.  but, what i mean there is the actual --
part, not the -h.

as for its heavier use in flogin, i do not recall and its not in the commit
log, so I do not know.  so, it could be removed, worth experimentation, but
might break collection of some boxes.

the values of send_human can be adjusted too,
current: {.4 .4 .7 .3 5}

perhaps: {.2 .3 5 .2 3}