[rancid] Trouble grabbing configs from a Foundry FesX

Scott Baker bakers at canbytel.com
Wed Jul 2 16:41:03 UTC 2014

I had Rancid configured and working fine to get the config from my
Foundry FesX for the past three months. We decided to change the login
process from telnet to SSH. Now rancid complains about timeouts when try
and grab the config. CLogin is able to login via SSH no problem. I can
also run a handful of commands just fine:

clogin -t 90 -c"show version;show run" foundry-needy.domain.com

It just complains when I run rancid-run:

starting: Wed Jul 2 09:12:54 PDT 2014

Trying to get all of the configs.
foundry-needy.domain.com: End of run not found 0 || 0
foundry-needy.domain.com flogin error: Error: TIMEOUT reached
foundry-needy.domain.com: missed cmd(s): show chassis,show module,show
flash,show version,show running-config,write term
foundry-needy.domain.com: End of run not found
!
=====================================
Getting missed routers: round 1.
Received signal - ending run (1).
cat: /var/rancid/canby/routers.single: No such file or directory
All routers sucessfully completed.

cat: /var/rancid/canby/routers.single: No such file or directory
Can't open /var/rancid/canby/routers.single: No such file or directory.

If CLogin works, why would rancid complain about a timeout?

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
Senior System Administrator - RHCE