[rancid] Nortel Support

AJ Schroeder AJ.Schroeder at directsupply.com
Mon Feb 3 23:34:56 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have copies of the modified scripts here: https://github.com/ajschroeder/rancid/

Like I said, they aren't perfect, but the the 'passlogin' and 'passrancid' scripts backup the ERS 8300 and 8600 switches in our environment. We also have two Avaya 8800 switches here, but this script doesn't work with them at all. As for the 'nortellogin' and 'nortelrancid' scripts, I use those to backup our old Baystacks (460,470, 5510, 5520). The catch is that you need to make sure you have a late enough version of software loaded so you can disable the login banners and menus.

I'll work on getting a README typed up at some point with some of this information.

AJ