[rancid] VRF table-id 0 not active on Cisco IOS XE Switches

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 16:59:26 UTC 2014

That's very easy to do, rancid itself is full of such rules.

For an example, look in sub ShowFlash for the script "rancid", you will
see this near line 716:

        # Filter dhcp database
        next if (/dhcp_[^. ]*\.txt/);

if the regular expression matches, the code branches to the next line in
the input, effectively skipping over the unwanted input.

Which IOS command returns your unwanted line? Find the command in
@commandtable near the end of the script, it points to the sub that
parses that command. Edit the sub by putting your custom code in it
somewhere reasonable:

	next if (/VRF table-id 0 not active/);

Almost all reasonable rancid installations acquire a collection of
customizations like this, it's how we users make rancid do what we need
it to do :-)

You might want to tweak that regex a bit more, eg the 0 so probably use
a /d+, I will leave that up to you.