[rancid] Mikrotik and last status on email...

Jason Ede J.Ede at birchenallhowden.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 13:38:46 UTC 2014

We're trying to monitor the config in our mikrotiks with rancid. However, in the config we're getting the last-status=succeeded appearing and disappearing from the /tool email line as shown below.

- set address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx from=mikrotik at birchenallhowden.co.uk<mailto:from=mikrotik at birchenallhowden.co.uk> last-status=succeeded password=password port=25 start-tls=yes user=someuser

+ set address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx from=mikrotik at birchenallhowden.co.uk<mailto:from=mikrotik at birchenallhowden.co.uk>

+ password=password port=25 start-tls=yes

+ user=someuser

Is there a way I can easily modify mtrancid to ignore whether last-status is there or not or even just remove it from the output so it doesn't even go into the CVS (it's not needed if need to restore configs).

At last check for config on 1 router we've over 200 config versions all with the same change flipping back and forth...

Jason