[rancid] rancid not writting configurations to /config/ file

Erica James jameserica156 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 08:08:38 UTC 2013

hello there!

I am facing a problem with rancid, please kindly advise. I am adding a Huawei MA5600T device to rancid, but rancid does not write configurations to the /config/  file.This is the only output I am getting in the file.

[eserica at netflow configs]$ ls
10.3.4.5  CVS
[eserica at netflow configs]$ less 10.3.4.5
# RANCID-CONTENT-TYPE: Huawei
#

and with the logs,

Trying to get all of the configs.
10.3.4.5: missed cmd(s): display current-configuration,display version
10.3.4.5: End of run not found
#
All routers sucessfully completed.
cvs diff: Diffing .
cvs diff: Diffing configs
cvs commit: Examining .
cvs commit: Examining configs

Does it have anything to do with the "missed cmds"? What about the end of run. I have checked out suggestions from the forum plus the FAQs but none has proved success.

Can someone advise please.  I am currently using hulogin and hurancid scripts. Take a look at them

https://github.com/ssinyagin/rancid-ssi/blob/master/bin/hulogin.in

https://github.com/ssinyagin/rancid-ssi/blob/master/bin/hurancid.in

Thanks in advance

Eserica