[rancid] Rancid and Fortinet Vdoms

Alexander Bochmann ab at lists.gxis.de
Thu Oct 31 07:56:43 UTC 2013

Question is a couple of weeks old, but as there was no answer on the list -

...on Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 02:40:01PM +0200, toad toad wrote:

 > I've a problem with a Fortinet that uses VDOMs. As I understand (I'm not a
 > Fortinet expert, I'm just in charge of the backups), I only get the
 > configuration of the VDOM that the backup user is part of.

I don't currently use rancid to backup Fortigate configurations, but your
firewall people should be able to create a global read-only admin user that
has access to all VDOM configurations (the predefined accprofile "super_admin"
is read/write for all VDOMs, for example). As recent versions of fnrancid run
"show full-configuration", you should then get complete config data, global
and for all vdoms.

Alex.